Callisto 15 Degree (F) Double Wide Sleeping Bag
Spacious and versitile, Kelty`s new Callisto can be used throughout Spring, Summer and Fall and can unzip to form a huge lounging or playing area.
Two Layer Offset Quilt Construction
- Two-layer off-set quilt construction
- Two-way, locking blanket zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Can be fully unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket
- Internal liner loops (Regular model only)
- Sleeping pad security loops (Regular model only)
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth
- Stuff sack included (Regular model only)
- FatMan and Ribbon drawcords
- Captured cordlock
- Integrated roll-up straps
- Top and bottom can be unzipped to create two single sleeping bags
By layering two or more sheets of insulation between the liner and shell of a sleeping bag, heat is easily trapped and maintained. To eliminate cold spots, one layer of fill is stitched to the liner, another layer is stitched to the shell, and then the quilt lines are offset so they do not lie on top of one another. Offset quilt construction is durable and maintains its shape and structure after many uses.
Some sleeping bags can be completely unzipped and then zipped together. In order to mate two bags, the bags have to be a right-zip bag and a left-zip bag with similar zippers. All of Kelty`s non-hooded rectangular family camping bags can be unzipped completely (for use as a blanket) and zipped together with another rectangular bag to make a double-wide sleeping bag.
Advantages of synthetic fill are its ability to maintain insulating properties when wet and that it has less required maintenance than down, as well as having the potential to be recycled.