Light Year Down 20 Sleeping Bag
Named by Backpacker magazine `Killer Three Season Deal` Kelty`s Light Year Down 20 is the choice of minimalists who demand high quality, dependable gear. 600 fill goose down insulated and ultra-lightweight in construction you`ll enjoy a warm night`s rest without breaking your back!
- EN Tested
- EN Comfort Limit: 0° C / 32° F
- EN Lower Limit: -6° C / 21° F
- 40D nylon ripstop shell
- 50D polyester microfiber lining
- 600 fill power down insulation
- Slant-baffle construction
- Chevron stitching (M`s)
- Efficient, form-fitting hood
- Top baffle collar
- Insulated hood baffle
- 58” two-way locking zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Internal liner loops
- Sleeping pad security loops
- Hang loops for storage
- Micro FatMan and Ribbon drawcords
- Micro captured cordlock
- Ground-level side seams prevent heat from escaping
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth
- Ultralight compression stuff sack included
- Storage sack included
- Zippered chest pocket
Kelty has always tested sleeping bags to make sure that their customers are warm and comfortable on their adventures. Now they`ve adopted the European Norm (EN) 13537 test process which provides a standardized comparison method for all sleeping bag brands so that it is easier for you to choose the right sleeping bag for your needs. The two temperature ratings listed are Comfort and Lower Limit. Comfort is defined as the temperature that a standard woman (60 kg / 132 lbs) will be comfortable at versus Lower Limit which is the temperature that a standard man (80 kg / 176 lbs) will be comfortable at.
Chevron Shaped Baffles
Since down can shift within an individual baffle, Kelty uses chevron shaped baffles to limit this movement. The up-and-down chevron shape creates an obstacle to limit any unwanted side-to-side shifting of the insulation.
Goose Down is the most efficient natural fill material available. Lightweight, compressible, and incredibly warm, down garments and sleeping bags are the gear of choice for serious backpackers and mountaineers.