Cosmic 0 Sleeping Bag
Kelty`s Cosmic 0 is your 4 season bag for cold, damp conditions, utilizing Cloudloft Pro insulation that maintains thermal properties even when damp or wet. Adventurer friendly features throughout.
Two Layer Offset Quilt Construction
- 50D polyester taffeta shell and lining
- Cloudloft Pro insulation
- Two-layer off-set quilt construction
- Top baffle collar
- Insulated hood baffle
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Internal liner loops
- Sleeping pad security loops
- Hang loops for storage
- Ground-level side seams prevent heat from escaping
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth
- Stuff sack included
- 3/4-length, two-way locking zipper
- FatMan and Ribbon drawcords
- Captured cordlock
By layering two or more sheets of insulation between the liner and shell of a sleeping bag, heat is easily trapped and maintained. To eliminate cold spots, one layer of fill is stitched to the liner, another layer is stitched to the shell, and then the quilt lines are offset so they do not lie on top of one another. Offset quilt construction is durable and maintains its shape and structure after many uses.
Advantages of synthetic fill are its ability to maintain insulating properties when wet and that it has less required maintenance than down, as well as having the potential to be recycled.