Eclipse 15 Sleeping Bag
Fully featured comfort and warmth in a rectangular design from Kelty: the Eclipse is your solution for family and car camping outings on chilly nights when the mercury dips into the teens.
Two Layer Offset Quilt Construction
- 50D polyester ripstop shell
- Polyester and cotton blend lining
- Cloudloft synthetic insulation
- Two-layer off-set quilt construction
- Two-way, locking blanket zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Can be fully unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket
- Internal liner loops
- Sleeping pad security loops
- Includes integrated compression storage sack
- FatMan and Ribbon drawcords
- Captured cordlock
- Zippered chest pocket
- Two bags can be zipped together to form a double-wide
- Tuck away, integrated pillow pocket
- Ergonomic footbox
By layering two or more sheets of insulation between the liner and shell of a sleeping bag, heat is easily trapped and maintained. To eliminate cold spots, one layer of fill is stitched to the liner, another layer is stitched to the shell, and then the quilt lines are offset so they do not lie on top of one another. Offset quilt construction is durable and maintains its shape and structure after many uses.
Advantages of synthetic fill are its ability to maintain insulating properties when wet and that it has less required maintenance than down, as well as having the potential to be recycled.