The Vario combines individual efficiency with the simplest possible handling. The technology it uses consists of three filter levels: a high-performance glass fiber filter, a ceramic pre-filter that can be adjusted individually according to the cloudiness of the water, and active charcoal for eliminating odors. Anyone who needs up to two liters of drinking water per minute can use the glass fiber and active charcoal filter. If the water is extremely cloudy, the ceramic pre-filter can be fitted in a moment in order to extend the service life of the glass fiber filter. The Vario is compatible with most standard outdoor bottles and hydration bladders.
- Versatile: Outdoors you find everyday changing water conditions. One day it is clear, the other turbid or smells bad. A water filter with different modes of operation is the answer.
- The new Katadyn filter pump uses ceramic as a cleanable dirt shield and glasfibre for microbiological filtration to 0.3 microns with minimal pump resistance.
- In mode `LONGER LIFE` the turbid water is first prefiltered throught the ceramic disk.
- When operating in mode `FASTER FLOW` the water is directed straight to the glasfibre membrane, increasing the water flow to up to 2 l/min.
- Replaceable activated carbon granulate reduces chemicals and improves taste and odour.
- A doual piston mechanism provides continous water flow with minimal effort.
- Rubber base provides for a secure stand and accomodates drinking tubes from hydration bladders.
- Integrated bottle thread fits directly on Nalgene bottles (wide mouth)
- Outlet tube with bottle clip for easy filling of various containers.
- Replacement filters are sold seperately (ceramic disk, glasfibre with AC, activated carbon granulate refills).