Eclipse 30 Degree Double Sleeping Bag (Discontinued)
The Eclipse 30 degree sleeping bag from Kelty
has been improved with a hidden pillow pocket, an upgraded shell fabric, and an external storage pocket on the chest. Its luxurious liner, generous elbow room, and cozy CloudLoft insulation pave the way to a good night`s sleep.
Two Layer Offset Quilt Construction
- Two-layer, offset-quilt construction
- Two-way locking blanket zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Bag can be unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket
- Pillow pocket
- External storage pocket
- Internal liner loops
- FatMan and Ribbon drawcords
- Captured cordlock
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth
- Hide-away integrated storage-compression sack included
By layering two or more sheets of insulation between the liner and shell of a sleeping bag, heat is easily trapped and maintained. To eliminate cold spots, one layer of fill is stitched to the liner, another layer is stitched to the shell, and then the quilt lines are offset so they do not lie on top of one another. Offset quilt construction is durable and maintains its shape and structure after many uses.
An affordable alternative to down, synthetic insulation is available in many varieties. Advantages of synthetic fill are its ability to maintain insulating properties when wet and that it has less required maintenance than down.