Mistral 20 Sleeping Bag
A versatile 3 season bag utilizing synthetic insulation, Kelty`s
Mistral 20 keeps things comfy down to 20° F with features like a generous zipper draft tube and two layer offset quilt construction to keep the heat where it belongs.
Two Layer Offset Quilt Construction
- 70D polyester ripstop shell
- 60D polyester taffeta lining
- Cloudloft synthetic insulation
- Two-layer off-set quilt construction
- Two-way, locking blanket zipper
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design
- Can be fully unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket
- Internal liner loops
- Sleeping pad security loops
- Hang loops for storage
- Ground-level side seams and differential cut for maximum warmth
- Stuff sack included
- Pillow pocket
- FatMan and Ribbon drawcords
- Captured cordlock
- Zippered chest pocket
By layering two or more sheets of insulation between the liner and shell of a sleeping bag, heat is easily trapped and maintained. To eliminate cold spots, one layer of fill is stitched to the liner, another layer is stitched to the shell, and then the quilt lines are offset so they do not lie on top of one another. Offset quilt construction is durable and maintains its shape and structure after many uses.
Advantages of synthetic fill are its ability to maintain insulating properties when wet and that it has less required maintenance than down, as well as having the potential to be recycled.