Women's Abandon Sunglasses (Sable/Dark Bronze)
The problem with creating a work of art is that you have to pick the perfect name for it. When Oakley designed this handmade acetate frame, their fashion mavens distilled the streetwise style of their female sports stars. That`s why the name had to scream elan and capture all the spirit and spontaneity, all the verve and vitality, and all the confidence and originality their leading ladies bring to life. They realized those things simply mean living life with abandon, and that`s how they found the perfect name for this masterpiece!
- Minimized glare via technology that produces the best polarized lenses on the planet with greater than 99% polarization efficiency.
- Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed ANSI Z87.1 optical and basic impact standards.
- UV protection of PLUTONITE lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
- Varied field of light transmission (top to bottom) via optional gradient lens shading.
- Uniquely feminine frame geometry designed specifically for women`s fit.
- Accents include sculpturally detailed hinge with metal icons and hand made Acetate frame.
Polarized lenses block glare that is magnified by flat surfaces like water and pavement. Ordinary polarized lenses come with haze and distortion. Oakley has eliminated these problems to achieve the best polarized optics on the planet.
Plutonite UV Protection
You put sunscreen on your body. Why wouldn`t you put sunglasses on your eyes? Just be aware that not all sunglasses are alike. Lenses that claim only to `block UV` don`t offer enough protection. Oakley Plutonite lenses are different:
- Plutonite filters out 100% of all UVA, UVB and UVC.
- Protection is built in, it`s not a coating that can wear away.
- Our lens contours help block UV at the top and sides for more complete protection.
Visual impact isn`t just about looks. No athlete can afford to turn a blind eye on protection, so our performance sunglasses meet the impact resistance standards of the American National Standards Institute:
- Impact resistance against heavy objects at low speeds.
- Impact resistance against lighter objects at high speeds.
- Optimized protection with innovations like Plutonite lens material.