Eclipse 30 Sleeping Bag
The classic rectangular bag, sized just for kids. Polyester shelled, insulated with Cloudloft synthetic insulation and lined with a comfy polyester cotton blend, the Eclipse from Kelty can be zipped to another Eclipse to create a double bag or laid out as a blanket. Easy care as well!
Two Layer Offset Quilt Construction
- Two-layer off-set quilt construction.
- Cloudloft synthetic insulation.
- Two-way, locking blanket zipper.
- Zipper draft tube with anti-snag design.
- Can be fully unzipped and opened flat for use as a blanket.
- Internal liner loops.
- Sleeping pad security loops.
- Differential cut to maximize loft and warmth.
- Pillow pocket.
- Includes integrated compression storage sack.
- FatMan and Ribbon drawcords.
- Captured cordlock.
- Zippered chest pocket.
- Two bags can be zipped together to form a double-wide.
By layering two or more sheets of insulation between the liner and shell of a sleeping bag, heat is easily trapped and maintained. To eliminate cold spots, one layer of fill is stitched to the liner, another layer is stitched to the shell, and then the quilt lines are offset so they do not lie on top of one another. Offset quilt construction is durable and maintains its shape and structure after many uses.
Advantages of synthetic fill are its ability to maintain insulating properties when wet and that it has less required maintenance than down, as well as having the potential to be recycled.