Like the Air Core Ultra, the Insulated Air Core Ultra offers unparalleled comfort at an incredible price. This light and compact three-season insulated pad has been completely redesigned from the inside out and R-Value rated by a third party. Designed with a smooth and stable sleeping surface made with durable nylon rip-stop and larger outside tubes to cradle you on top. Warm and highly packable insulation on top and bottom make this air pad lighter on your pack than most in its class. Save your breath for the adventure ahead, and use the included upcycled pad inflation sack to inflate.
- R-Value: 4.5
- 3.25" thick pad with 3.50" larger outer chambers keep you comfortably cradled in the middle of the pad
- High volume valves with micro adjustments make for fast inflation/deflation and easy fine tuning to your preferred firmness
- Antimicrobial treatment inside the pad prevents microorganism growth
- Protective storage sack, replacement valve seal and 3M repair patches included
- Individually inflated and tested at a factory ensuring 100% quality performance
- Pad Inflation Sack made from upcycled excess pad material included. (Color will vary depending on excess material)
- When sleeping on frozen ground or snow we recommend adding a closed cell foam pad
Construction + Materials
- Durable, lightweight nylon double rip-stop fabric
- THERMOLITE® Insulation working with a heat reflective film traps body heat and reflects it back at you to prevent heat loss
- Proprietary I-Beam construction reduces weight and provides consistent stability and comfort
- Aviation grade TPU lamination technology for weld strength and ultimate dependability
What is an R-value?
A sleeping pad is a necessary part of your sleep system. Big Agnes' pads provide bed-like comfort from rocks and dirt, but more importantly, they insulate you from the ground up. All Big Agnes pads feature a proven R-Value. It's a rating that shows the insulating properties of a sleeping pad. Summer camping at low elevation? Look for a lower R-Value. Camping Spring through Fall? Look for R3 or higher. In simple terms, the higher the number the warmer the pad.