The Birdie is a slow, straight flyer with our Thumtracreg; grip for a sure release. It has great chain catching ability. Great for approach shots, as it flies straight and slow start to finish. It is one of our best 'go for' discs as it doesn't go far past the basket on misses, and stays put when it hits the ground. A good disc for those players making the conversion from flat edged disc sports: Catch, Ultimate, Freestyle, etc.
Best Choice for: Putting, grade school learners, short approaches, beginners, straight line approaches, jump putts, fast greens, converting from 'catch discs'.
Putt and Approach
Putt and Approach discs fly true at low speeds, which is highly desirable when putting. These discs are also great for approaches and short drives. The quickest way to lower scores in Disc Golf is mastery of your putter.
INNOVA's DX Plastic
- Dependable, accurate, and confidence inspiring putts
- Ideal for controlled upshots, short drives and 'go for it' shots
- Available in a variety of different models and plastics to match unique putting styles and grips
- Aviar is the most popular golf disc ever produced
INNOVA's DX Line is produced with our Deluxe plastic. The DX Line offers the widest selection of models and weights. These discs are affordably priced and provide an excellent grip in a variety of weather situations. DX discs wear in with usage and over time will eventually take on new and varied flight characteristics. Many top pros carry several DX discs of their favorite models to provide different flight patterns for different situations.
- Speed is the ability of the disc to cut through the air. Speed ratings are listed from 1 to 11.
- Is the ability to maintain altitude. Higher numbers mean more glide. Rated 1 to 7.
- Tendency to turn at high speeds. Negative numbers are easier for beginners, rollers, and tailwinds.
- Every disc will fade off in the same direction if allowed to decelerate. Higher numbers fade more than lower numbers.