The Magpul CTR (Compact/Type Restricted)-Commercial Spec model is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M16 carbines using commercial spec sized receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation.
The CTR also features a supplemental friction lock system that minimizes excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and an ambidextrous QD sling mount that will accept any push-button sling swivel. The Commercial-Spec Model includes an extended 0.55” thick rubber butt-pad to provide positive shoulder purchase and accommodates the longer, slanted back common to most commercial spec tubes.
Mounts on commercial-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, and others
- There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): mil-spec and commercial-spec. If you have a mil-spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Mil-Spec CTR
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON AR15/M4 applications
- Replaceable 0.55” Extended Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Rear: Push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5” swivels (ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom: 1.25” sling loops
- Toe: Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
- Weight: 9.3 oz
- Weight, w/receiver extension: 13.6 oz
- Length, max: 7.2”
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.8”
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.8”
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.6”
Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension's dimensional tolerances.
Specifications based on extended-length (slant-back) commercial-spec carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.