The NRS Crew Child PFD is ideal for flatwater boating and close-to-shore safety. No frills or fancy stuff; this life jacket just offers safety and all-day wearing comfort for your young people 30-50 lbs..
- The Crew Child PFD is a Type III, medium profile PFD delivering 7.3 lbs of flotation fitting children weighing 30-50 pounds
- These jackets use high-quality foam flotation for high floating safety
- Four side adjustments and a waist adjustment make for a comfortable fit
- Includes an adjustable leg strap to prevent jacket ride-up
- Tough 200 denier nylon shell stands up to years of use
- Improved shape of the shoulders and arm openings for better fit and mobility
- This jacket carries the US Coast Guard Certification, through testing by Underwriters Laboratories (UL)
PFD stands for Personal Flotation Device
U.S. Coast Guard Regulations require you to have U.S. Coast Guard approved PFDs on your recreational boat. How many and what kind of PFDs you need depends on the number of people onboard, the size of your boat and the kind of boating you will be doing.
Personal floatation devices are classified by location of use. Choose the right PFD for the location and type of boating you plan to do
- Type I is for offshore operations
- Type II is for boating near shore
- Type III is a buoyancy aide to be used where rescue situations may be imminent
- Type IV is to be thrown to an individual needing immediate assistance
- Type V is a specialty PFD for specific activities or consumers
It's recommended that children always wear a Type II PFD or lower, even for onshore activities.