Safety always comes first when you're on the water, make sure your boat is legal with this U.S. Coast Guard approved throwable flotation cushion.
- Make sure your boat is legal with this U.S. Coast Guard approved throwable flotation cushion
- Convenient webbing grab straps for aid in throwing during rescue, and double as convenient carry handles
- Functional and comfortable PE foam
- Strong, durable nylon oxford shell withstands abrasions
- U.S. Coast Guard Approved Type IV Personal Flotation Device (PFD)
PFD stands for Personal Flotation Device
U.S. Coast Guard Regulations require you to have U.S. Coast Guard approved PFDs on your recreational boat. How many and what kind of PFDs you need depends on the number of people onboard, the size of your boat and the kind of boating you will be doing.
Personal floatation devices are classified by location of use. Choose the right PFD for the location and type of boating you plan to do.
is for offshore operations.
is for boating near shore.
is a buoyancy aide to be used where rescue situations may be imminent.
is to be thrown to an individual needing immediate assistance.
is a specialty PFD for specific activities or consumers.
It's recommended that children always wear a Type II PFD or lower,
even for onshore activities.