EP4 Sonic Defenders Plus protect your hearing without interfering with your ability to hear routine sounds or conversations. Their triple-flange stem design fits larger ear canals and provides a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 24dB. Sounds, at safe levels, are allowed to pass through into the ear canal, while potentially harmful noises (above 85dB) are reduced to safe levels via a proprietary design that incorporates the patented Hocks Noise Braker filter. EP4s include attached stopper plugs, which can be inserted for further protection, and they also block out lower-level noise like that heard on a plane. They can be used in situations where hearing ambient sounds or conversations isn't critical. The right/left color-coded Sonic Defenders Plus are made from a soft but durable, hypoallergenic polymer and are ergonomically shaped, with an adjustable-stem design, providing a secure fit, all-day comfort, and extended product life (3 to 6+ months, depending on usage and care). And their low-profile design means they can be worn while wearing a helmet or mask, or while using a phone or headset. Available in clear or black.
- 24dB* Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) with stoppers inserted
- Lowers potentially dangerous noise levels above 85dB
- Hear safe sound levels (with stoppers out) as if you weren't wearing ear plugs
- Ergonomic design and triple-flange stem design conforms to ear shape for comfort and secure retention
- Made from hypoallergenic, medical-grade polymer that's soft, durable, and long-lasting
- Low-profile design allows you to keep them in place while wearing a mask, helmet, hat, or while using phone, headphones, or supplemental hearing muffs
* NRR rating with stoppers inserted
All sizes of EP4s have identical flanged ear canal stems - that is, the portion that fits in the ear canal.
The sizes - small, medium, and large - refer only to the outer earpieces that fit in the ear's concha bowl and help hold the EP4 in place. Proper EP4 size is based on the dimensions of your ear's concha bowl. Medium fits most people.
For those with smaller ear canals, the
's two-flange stem may provide a better fit than the EP4's three-flange stem.