The women's Collar Back Down Jacket provides the warmth of 550 fill goose down in an urban friendly package that emphasizes performance as well as fashion, making it a pleasure to wear!
- 50D 85 g/m² polyester, nylon taffeta shell with DWR
- 550 fill goose down insulated
- Exposed center front zip with internal draft flap
- Oversized shawl-collar hood with with self fabric drawstring
- Elastic belt with click-in metal buckle
- Hidden zippered hand pockets
- Rolled hem and cuffs
- Inner stretch cuffs
- Internal media pocket
- Metal logo rivet on left sleeve
- Tonal embroidered logo at back right shoulder
DWR: Durable Water Resistant Finish
To repel moisture many performance fabrics are treated with DWR: a durable water repellent polymer that is applied to the outermost layer. DWR penetrates fibers and lowers the surface tension of the fabric, causing water to bead up and roll off instead of being absorbed.
Using only the highest quality goose down in all of our products, The North Face tests each lot of down at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression. The fill power of goose down is an indicator of two important features: warmth-to-weight ratio and compressibility, both critical to retain warmth and furnish comfort. True fill power is measured by placing one ounce of goose down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies in cubic inches. The North Face products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill power goose down ranging from 550 to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.