Flattering, 550-fill down North Face jacket for protecting your upper body, hips and thighs from exposure to the elements.
- Nylon or polyester shell with DWR
- Standard fit
- 550 fill down
- Snap-away hood
- Down cocoon brim on hood for added warmth and protection
- Inner tall collar for extra protection
- Two-way, VISLON® center front zip
- Internal, Zippered chest pocket
- Exposed, VISLON® zip hand pockets
- Slightly curved drop-tail hem
- Adjustable elastic and Velcro® cuffs
- Embroidered logo on left chest and back-right shoulder
Durable water repellent (DWR) finishes on fabrics and zippers give them increased water resistant qualities and significantly extend the life of waterproof and waterproof breathable technologies. The addition of an enhanced hydrophobic treatment enables DWR to adhere to material for an extremely extended lifetime.
Goose Down Insulation
The North Face uses only the highest quality goose down in all of its products. Each lot of down is thoroughly tested at three stages of production for loftiness, moisture resistance and ability to regain loft after compression. The fill per of goose down is an indicator of two important fetters: the warmth-to -weight ratio and compressibility, both critical tot he user's warmth and comfort True fill power is measured by placing on ounce of down in a graduated cylinder and measuring the volume the down occupies ion cubic inches. The North Face products are insulated with exclusive, high-fill-power down ranging form 550 fill to 900 fill, which represents the highest quality down commercially available.